Research & Development Chemist / R & D Chemical Engineer
R&D Chemist will be responsible for products derived from water soluble film chemistries, as well as exploring and developing new chemistries and materials.
• Lead and coordinate new products and processes development projects.
• Interact with customers as needed to understand product application and performance requirements.
• Evaluate new materials, existing products and processes to meet internal and external customer requirements.
• Leverage modifications of existing products for new customers.
• Support larger scale material development and qualification runs at pilot plant.
• Work with cross-functional teams on development projects, interpreting test results, and resolving existing product and raw material/component issues.
• Work with external vendors as necessary to develop new technology and analytical techniques.
• Provide technical support for marketing, sales, operations and our customers.
• B.S Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Polymer Science (advanced degree preferred).
• Strong understanding of engineering and polymer/plastics fundamentals.
• Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification ideal.
• Strong, detail oriented written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.