Manufacturing & Dist / Rubber
Manufacturing / Production
Entry-level Professional (Non-Manager, Less than 2 years experience)
A leading manufacturer of synthetic elastomers is looking for a Cost Estimator Project Engineer to join their team.
• Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services.
• Develop and write specifications, requirements, cost and proposals for machinery and equipment.
• Research and collect data to design work flows and procedures.
• Apply design principles to translate concepts and information into images with modifications based on feedback.
• Manage a centralized cost estimating database and a process to support cost estimation.
• Compute cost factors and estimates for management planing, scheduling, bidding, and selection of vendors.
• Analyze completed projects to compare estimated vs actual costs and determine discrepancies.
• Consult with clients and vendors to formulate estimates and resolve issues.
• Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree, or 1 - 2 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings/blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts, and to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to write reports and correspondence, as well as speak with employees and customers.
• Computer skills: Auto Cad Design software and ERP Manufacturing software.