Immediate Opening for a Tire Engineer to support tire planning, development, and technical requirements.
Responsibilities: Must have an understanding of the entire tire manufacturing process, tire construction, tire testing, and overall tire performance.
· Apply engineering principles to resolve tire production issues, improve production processes, ensure proper tire performance levels and improve overall tire performance, including construction, processing, cost, and quality level of tires.
· Perform cured tire analysis, supervise test tire procurement, follow up on defect control, issue quality instructions, audit all phases of factory processing, conduct training programs and maintain tire specs
· Utilize advanced data interpretation methods to evaluate existing products and processes that meet internal and external customer requirements. Translate product needs to experimental data or design parameters.
· Ensure quality and cost are meeting company goals
· Review and oversee technical specifications of products.
· Provide product support to all areas of the organization through the lifecycle of the product.
· Maintain existing specifications and support plant production departments when necessary.
· Develop and implement quality and material cost improvements.
· Ensure competitive tire designs, performance, and testing criteria are executed as expected
· Conceptualize, develop and implement factory process improvements as necessary.
· Work closely with Process Engineering to make insure any changes as a result of existing or new products have acceptable capability.
· Design prototypes, manage test programs to evaluate performance attributes, analyze test results and present conclusions.
· Coordinate design and tooling of new molds working with designer and plant engineering to include equipment requirements as needed.
· Work with Material Design Engineers to introduce new materials and / or material suppliers for existing materials to the plant through material evaluation programs.
· Explore and develop new concepts and materials that can lead to new products or improve processes
· BS or advanced degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
· 3 years or more with tire experience preferred