Sr Manager of Research and Development / R&D
The Research and Development Manager/Sr Manager of R&D will guide new product development and drive new innovation.
Ensure R&D activities drive to achieve strategic objectives, improve market position and optimize profitability. Lead the development and commercialization new core products, optimization of current offerings and identification and execution of cost savings initiatives.
• Lead R&D projects while supervising collaborative chemists and technicians.
• Responsible for product applications technology, process improvement technology, customer technical support and product safety.
• Maintains awareness of competitors, their intellectual property, technology and products.
• Work collaboratively with customers technical teams in the development, qualification and validation of new products.
• M.S. Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science or Chemistry.
• Five years polymer R&D leadership
• Knowledge in formulations chemistry/functional materials, as well as a strong understanding of engineering and polymer/plastics fundamentals.
• Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification ideal.
• Strong analytical capability, excellent communication and problem solving skills.